It is a place designated for real estate that collects shared mobility services
Mobility Hub is a separate and specially arranged space where various shared vehicles and additional infrastructure are made available.
You can find there various shared vehicles (eg bicycles, e-scooters, scooters, cars or other innovative vehicles) or you can order a transport service (taxi).
Mobility Hubs are a "must have" for office buildings, shopping centers, services, train stations as well as housing estates and other frequently frequented places.
Why is mobility worth sharing?
Connect to a shared mobility network
Sharing has nearly 3.4 million registered users
Shared mobility services are available in over 70 cities in Poland, and consists of 37,000 vehicles. There are 90 users for only 1 shared vehicle.
Smart Mobility: less is more
In comparison with inefficient and space-consuming individual transport, sharing is smaller traffic jams, less air pollution, less waste of time and money, and more free space.
Zero emission and less noise
Over 90% of vehicles available in sharing services in Poland are zero-emission vehicles powered by muscle power (62%) or electric drive (30%).
Benefits for real estate
Greater value of the property, and greater care for ecology and the local community.
- A richer mobility offer and a new way of reaching – modern and shared mobility accumulated in Mobility Hubs is a supplement to traditional transport options (public transport, private / company car, own bicycle) with a new way of moving and better communication with the city
- Better use of city space – many more people will benefit from shared mobility services in the same space than parking spaces (private car stands 95% of the time unused, occupying approx. 12 m2 of space)
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) – Mobility Hubs is an ecological initiative thanks to which employers, property managers and public administration can realistically influence the balancing of urban mobility, i.e. primarily reducing traffic jams. As many as 73% of people aged 20-40 are ready to choose more expensive but socially responsible brands.
- Competitive and innovative advantage of real estate – thanks to better mobility offer for employees, clients, tenants, residents, suppliers and all visitors to the property. The new functionality is a higher standard of the object.
Data from the report "On the threshold of a breakthrough. Report on shared mobility in Poland". July 2019. Authors: Mobilne-Miasto.org and SmartRide.pl
What are the additional benefits for real estate?
- Orderly space – shared vehicles are collected and made available in one place of the property, which has a positive effect on its order, safety and aesthetics
- Convenient and comprehensive mobility service for real estate – Mobility Hubs are one contract, one dedicated space and one application (VOOOM) connecting many services and mobility applications under one roof
- Real estate promotion in new communication channels – due to marketing of all mobility and infrastructure services available in Mobility Hubs (e.g. real estate designation in the applications of individual service providers).
- Green certificates – a property equipped with Mobility Hubs is a more sustainable and ecological construction (an asset with LEED, BREEAM certification)
—Emerging Trends in Real Estate® Europe 2020 - PwC, Urban Land Institute
Well-connected buildings and places have always been one of the most valuable, but the real estate industry has until now been passive, leaving control in this regard to public transport and infrastructure providers. However, as the available transport solutions increase and the property is more focused on results and operations, their owners will have to think wisely about the overall impact of their buildings on the local community: employees, residents, tourists and passers-by.
Modular construction of Mobility Hubs: various vehicles and services in one place
Finally: choose conveniently from various shared mobility services in one place
Sample applications for Mobility Hubs
Improved mobility means more customers, tenants, residents, guests, tourists ...
- At office buildings and in office basins as well as business districts.
- At galleries, malls and department stores.
- At retail and service outlets, e.g. petrol stations, gastronomy.
- On housing estates as an additional, new transport option.
- For hotels and apartment buildings for rent.
- As a complement to the public transport infrastructure: stations / stops, stops, airports, ports and other interchanges and hubs.
- As temporary places created for the needs of mass events: concerts, festivals, competitions and sporting events, local celebrations, etc.
- As an alternative to parking spaces for private cars designated by road authorities, e.g. in the form of parklets, in particular in restricted or calmed traffic areas inaccessible to private transport.